Submitted by Jamie Pike (Virginia)
12 Polyface Eggs
1 cup raw milk
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
1 lb. Polyface breakfast sausage
lots of shredded cheese (of your choice)
handful of fresh garden spinach, chopped
1 or 2 diced garden tomatoes
2-3 slices of bread broken up (my fav. is sourdough!)
1 cup Japanese style panko bread crumbs
fresh basil, thyme, sage, or your favorite herbs
1. Brown your sausage with your chopped onion. Here is where you add your salt, pepper, fresh herbs. Spinach last for a quick wilt. Use less amounts with dried herbs in comparison to more with your fresh. Fresh about 2 leaves or sprigs of each-dried about half a teaspoon of each.
2. Pour that into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
3. In a large bowl whisk, well, your Polyface eggs and raw milk. Add to the baking dish.
4. Throw in your tomatoes, broken up bread, and stir until the bread is coated. Add your cheese on top. I like sharp cheddars and parmesan, but it’s whatever you want, or have on hand. I use about 2 handfuls or enough to cover the whole dish.
5. In a small mixing bowl add enough melted butter (or coconut oil) to coat your panko bread crumbs. Stir until they are all coated. Spread on top of cheese.
6. Cover with foil overnight. (In the fridge!)
7. 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 30 minutes or until it’s set in the center.