Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spinach Quiche

Submitted by Wendy Gray (Polyface Farm)

8 oz. cheese (I use mozzarella to get my kids to eat it; otherwise I like to add some asiago)
2 Tb flour
3 eggs (Polyface, of course!)
1 cup half-and-half (I use 1% for lower-fat)
1 box frozen chopped spinach, cooked & well-drained
1 deep dish pie crust
salt & pepper to taste
dash nutmeg
(For added zest, you can add just about anything from crumbled bacon, ham, onion, shrimp, etc~whatever your kids will eat!)
~Toss cheese w/flour. Combine eggs, cream & seasonings. Add cheese & spinach & mix well. Pour into crust & bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I made this recipe with whole milk instead of half and half and it turned out great. I also tried it gluten free by using shredded potatoes as the crust. If I had fried them a little first, I think it would have turned out great!
My kids love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...